Select a Healthy and Nutritious Recipe :
Click here to submit your own healthy and nutritious recipe. Published recipes recipe a free SWEAT t-shirt!
This is quick to cook and mix up at the last minute to serve with dinner to hungry runners, hot from the oven.
It also makes a great muffin. So make some ahead, and pop the muffins in the freezer – much cheaper and healthier than buying muffins!
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (I often use less, especially if serving it with a savoury meal)
- 1 cup cornmeal (aslo know as ‘polenta’ – you can often find it near pasta in supermarkets)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil (I usually use Rice Bran Oil, but that is just a personal preference)
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, and cornmeal.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, milk and oil.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients, and beat for a maximum of 1 minute, or just intil smooth. The batter may seem a bit runny, but don’t worry, it is meant to be this way.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch square pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.