BLUE MOUNTAINS Camp
There will be a training camp in the Blue Mountains for runners training for any event, including Six Foot Track Marathon, from Feb 24-26.
The venue is Katoomba Christian Convention Centre, bang in the heart of all the trails right near the Scenic Railway Centre on Cliff Drive. We will be the only group at the venue that weekend by the look of it and will use the Hartley Centre.
We can have up to 59 people in 12 bedrooms, 11 have their own bathrooms. Free Wi-Fi, Television/DVD, Media Projector and screen so that we can use them for the talks.
The camp is not only open to SWEATERS; it is open to family and friends and non SWEAT Sydney runners. Cost is $150 per person.
Contact Warren Williams on 0408 616 964 for more info.
Please pay full amount into this account:
Account No: 10828498
Account Name: Warren Williams
We will have access to the kitchen if anybody wants to use it to prepare/cook dinner or lunch for themselves.
Friday Feb 24
- Arrive from 2pm to Katoomba Christian Convention Centre – Room allocation
- Self-catered dinner or cafes.
Saturday Feb 25
- 7.30 am Speed session on Grass Oval (to be confirmed)
- 8.30 – 9.30am Buffet Breakfast in Hartley Dining Room provided (cereals, breads, fruits, etc.)
- 10 am (Recovery Walk optional) Three Sisters or Fuber Steps trails near scenic centre
- 11.30 am – 12.30 pm Core strength session (Medicine Balls)
- 1 pm Lunch (Head out to cafes at Katoomba or Leura)
- 2 pm – 3 pm Guest speakers: Rhett Gibson – Top 10 finisher 6 Foot Track 2016 (Transition from Road to Trails). Sam Muller (Fat guy to Comrades Marathon – How Running changed my life)
- 4pm Narrow Neck Trail Run (up to10km out and back on Narrow Neck trails unspoilt scenic trails with beautiful views across the Blue Mountains)
- 6.30 pm Group Dinner (venue to be confirmed)
- 8 pm return to KCC for social activities.
Sunday Feb 26
- 6.30 am Head to 6 Foot Track Trail for 7 am start. Out and back to the river or continue along the trail to desired out and back distance (up to 30km)
- 9 am – 10.00 am Buffet Breakfast in Hartley Dining Room provided (cereals, breads, fruits, etc.)
- 10.30 am Head to Minnie Ha Ha Falls and Rock Pool for recovery trail walk (1km ) and swim .
- 12 Noon return to KCC for pack up and departure to lunch at Leura or head home.
WHAT TO BRING!!!
- At least two pairs of running shoes in case they get wet (a pair of trail shoes if possible)
- Enough run kit to participate in the running sessions
- Swimmers, goggles and towel
- Sleeping bag or sheets. (A dooner is provided for each bed)
- Camelback or running hydration pack for long trail runs
- Any food, snacks or drinks you may need for the weekend (Breakfast provided)