Select a Healthy and Nutritious Recipe :
Click here to submit your own healthy and nutritious recipe. Published recipes recipe a free SWEAT t-shirt!
A quick, easy, and delicious way to make hummus, without the hassle of having to soak chickpeas overnight!
This recipe was submitted by Lewis Ingram, one of SWEAT’s fastest athletes and one of Sydney’s best running physios. What a catch – who knew that he could cook as well?!!!!! You can find out more about Lewis at www.thebodymechanic.com.au.
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of tahini (hulled or unhulled – the latter gives a stronger, nuttier taste)
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tbs of salt
- 1/2 tbs of cumin
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 can of chickpeas (the ones from Aldi are the best – cheap and low in salt)
- 1/4-1/2 cup of reserved liquid from chickpeas (depending on the consistency you like your hummus)
- Add lemon juice, tahini and olive oil to a blender and blend until a thick paste is formed (about 10-15 seconds)
- Now add all the other ingredients and continue to blend for 1-2 minutes
- Serve either immediately or store in the fridge for up to a week