The SWEAT SYDNEY 2017 Awards Dinner was held in the function room at the Duke of Gloucester Hotel in Randwick. Each winner received a framed photo of themselves in action. The RUNNER OF THE YEAR also received a SWEAT Trophy.
Congratulations to the following runners who had sweatsational seasons and came home with the hardware:
• 2017 SWEAT Sydney Runner of the Year – Brad Bannister
• 2017 Age Group Runner of the Year – Nominees were Brad Sharpe and Louise Arnott. Louise was the winner
• 2017 Ultra Runner of the Year – Nominees were Ewan Horsburgh, Jess Baker and Larissa Tichon. Larissa was the winner and she had also ran 6,500km this year.
• Most Improved Runner of the Year – Nominees were Gillian Breen, Adrian Kotzen, Suma Tea, Weibke Miticka, Daniel Butt, Melanie Poswell, Gabbi Vanderham, Dominique Hart and Alicia Hayes. Gillian was the winner.
• Best Marathon Perfomance – Nominees were Steve Johnson (Berlin 2:57.32), Tom Middleton (Berlin 2:43.52), Sara Rathborne (Melbourne 3:11.21) and Sean “Sam” Muller (California 2:56.25). The winner was Tom
• Best Race Performance or PB – Amy Lam (Sydney 10 39:33)
• Most Inspirational Runner – Nominees Keith Broadfoot and Paul Feain. Both were awarded winner.
• Best Trail Runner – Barry Carter
• Most Dedicated Squad Runner – David Deng
• Best Training Performance – James Burroughs (2 minute Out and Back Record Holder)